A teenager from Winnipeg was surprised when a goose which was flying low, hit him and knocked him off his skateboard. The teenager, Shawn Hacking was hit in the face by the goose as the goose was heading towards a pond and misjudged his landing spot. The boy suffered many injuries, including both of his knees badly scraped, his shirt was ripped, his wrist was sprained and there was a red mark on his face where the goose had hit him. Hacking's friend said, " It was so funny, but I felt sorry for him at the same time. It flew out of nowhere and then... wham bam!"
Vladimir Likhonos, a Ukrainian student, died after accidentally dipping a piece of homemade chewing gum into explosives he was using on another project. He mistook the jar of explosive for citric acid, which was also on his desk. The gum exploded, blowing off his jaw and most of the lower part of his face.
God Help Him
Franco Brun, a 22-year-old prisoner at Metro East Detention Center, died after attempting to swallow and choking on a 6.35 cm. (2.5 inches) by 10 cm. (4 inches) by 1.27 centimetres (half an inch) Gideon's Bible. Brun reportedly had mental deficiencies and as such, the coroner did not label his death as suicide, believing that "the swallowing of the Bible to him was some form of symbolism or allegory as though he was trying to purge himself of the devil by consuming religion". He was only serving a 15-day sentence.